[solved] hostapd groupkey problem with madwifi

Sebastian Weitzel togg
Wed Feb 2 04:19:19 PST 2005

The problem with wpa groupkey handshake introduced in december 2004 is
solved now. Please read my mail to madwifi-users mailinglist from today.

The solution is to disable encryption of EAPOL packets in madwifi. Jouni,
can you state that this is a correct solution? I couldnt find
documentation about this.

Please remove the patch which commented out setting of default groupkey in
driver_madwifi.c.

After patching madwifi and taking back the change from hostapd you will
notice that clients connected to one accesspoint can ping each other, what
they couldnt do before.

Regards,
Sebastian Weitzel