PRISM2_NON_VOLATILE_DOWNLOAD in kernel 2.6.14

Henrik Brix Andersen brix
Fri Dec 30 08:36:51 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 02:18:18PM +0000, David Goodenough wrote:
> But I recently upgraded to 2.6.14 which of course now comes with HostAP
> built in.  But I can not do a download as it would appear that the #define
> PRISM2_NON_VOLATILE_DOWNLOAD is not set.  Looking in the kernel source
> (and here it may be worth noting that I am using Debian and their packaged
> source so this may be a Debian problem not a kernel problem) that symbol
> is commented out.  The warning just above the comment is the same that
> it has been for as long as I remember it, but as I say I have had no problems.

>From drivers/net/wireless/hostap/Kconfig:

config HOSTAP_FIRMWARE
        bool "Support downloading firmware images with Host AP driver"
        depends on HOSTAP
        ---help---
        Configure Host AP driver to include support for firmware image
        download. Current version supports only downloading to volatile, i.e.,
        RAM memory. Flash upgrade is not yet supported.

> Is this a generic kernel thing, if so why, or is this something that the
> Debian kernel team have patched in which case I will take it up with them.

This is present in the vanilla-kernel - it's not a debian thing.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd