WPA2 config with WPA-PSK?

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan
Wed Dec 21 12:38:28 PST 2005

On Dec 21, 2005, at 3:22 PM, Theetjuh wrote:

> proto=WPA2
> pairwise=CCMP
> group=CCMP
>
> that should work ... it works here :)
>
> On 12/21/05, Jerry LeVan < jerry.levan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:33:42AM -0500, Jerry LeVan wrote:
> >> Does the IPW2200 (version 1.0.8 driver) support the AES algorithm?
> >
> > Yes, the ipw2200 driver supports CCMP (AES).
> >

> Well I was close, I had a proto=WPA2 line and I could not connect
> ( I was in a scanning state....)
> I also had proto=RSN with the same result.
>
> In my TKIP configuration, I had WPA in the proto line and that worked.
>
> I guess I am still a bit confused does the above do WPA2 and is more
> secure what the WPA with TKIP?

Hmm, for my installation ( I have pairwise=CCMP, group=CCMP
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK).

   1) Not specifying a proto line gives me a connection
   2) proto=WPA2 or proto=RSN leaves me hanging is a Scanning State.
   3) proto=WPA allows a connection and the messages from wpa_cli
      look like case 1.

The linksys router is set WPA pre-shared key and WPA algo set to AES.

Jerry