ALC broken with Xcomax prism3 cards under 0.3.9

Tom Sharples tsharples
Wed Aug 31 19:21:48 PDT 2005

Hi, I was hoping someone out here might have some ideas regarding the
following:

The latest Xcomax Prism3 card (XI-330HP or SMC2532W-B) doesn't seem to
properly support the iwpriv ALC (auto level control) mode. If you enable
ALC, the power instead drops to -43 db and measures 0 with our HP microwave
power meter. The previous version of the card from 6 weeks ago which used
the prism 2.5 chipset worked correctly.

We are running HostAP v 0.3.9 under a 2.4.20 kernel. We tried rolling back
the card's station and primary firmware back to 1.0.5 and 1.7.4, no luck.
Finally when we went all the way back to 1.0.5 and 1.3.4 the ALC began to
work again, but 1.3.4 is too old for hostAP to work properly.

ALC is important for our applications. Any suggestions would be appreciated,
thanks...