FULL RSN GO with linux, windows build wpa_supplicant not, ndisoide errors, rsn_ie=0

thomas schorpp t.schorpp
Wed Aug 31 14:54:17 PDT 2005

thomas schorpp wrote:
> Bryan Kadzban wrote:

>>>latest driver ver 4.11 hw rev. C2 dwl-g650 cardbus (atheros)
>>>
>>>why should they support rsn, winxpsp2 supplicant sees but cant connect
>>>to my rsn hostapd either. i think they wait for ms "wps"... -speculative-
>>

>>If you're using XP, there is a WPA2/WPS update available:
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/?id=893357
>>
>>which might help.
>

> thx. doesnt with neighbour no.1 xp machine with latest d-link drivers
> 4.11 10/2004 (us site driver downloads are even older)
>
> will report if it works with rsn hostapd on nb no.2 xp machine with
> newer belkin card this evening (cest)...

> tom

the winner xp2hostapd is:

conceptronic "c54" with cd delivered drivers and xp zeroconfig suppl.

strange: if a linux wpasuppl. rsn client joins the net no more group key
handshakes with this xp client with latest hostapd...?
-> maybe security issue / policy violation

the rsn loosers are:

belkin f5d7001de (no full linux drivers)
dlink dwl-g650 (but good rsn with linux)

what the hell are they waiting for updating drivers? u.s. restrictions?

(u.s? my best wishes for the poor hurt people of the missisippi
catastrophy :( )

tom