Re: WPA setup trouble - please help

Wolfgang Wieser joe_x
Wed Aug 31 07:21:33 PDT 2005

Thank you for your response.

Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 11:45:19PM +0200, joe_x at ich-habe-fertig.com
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to get WPA running with a wlan-capable T-sinus DSL modem/
> > router and an ipw2200-based card on Linux. Unencrypted link works
> > fine.
>
> > However, wpa_supplicant says:
> > Scan results: 1
> >   ...wpa_ie_len=0 rsn_ie_len=0
> >   skip - no WPA/RSN IE
> >
> > If I understand correctly, the wpa_ie_len should be non-zero to
> > indicate the presence of WPA encryption.
>
> Yes, indeed. It looks like the driver does not report WPA IE. Which
> version of the ipw2200 driver are you using? Which driver interface (-D
> option) are you using with wpa_supplicant?

I tried both without any -D option and with -Dipw.
The ipw driver is the one bundeled with the kernel in ubuntu 5.04.
I can find out the exact version until tomorrow.

What I find interesting is that iwlist reports encryption while
wpa_supplicant does not.

I can send a complete debug output if this helps.

Wolfi

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++