hostapd: Reading the signal of individual STAs

Jean Tourrilhes jt
Fri Aug 26 10:02:07 PDT 2005

Henrik Brix Andersen wrote :

> Is it possible to read the signal level of individual STAs when using
> hostapd with the hostap-driver?

	With hostapd, I believe you are always in Master mode. In this
case, the scanning API (iwlist scan) should give you that (amongst
other things). You should also get the same information in the /proc
filesystem. Well, if it no longer works, we need to fix it...
	If the interface is in Ad-Hoc, you have to use iwspy (which is
a tiny bit tricky). In Managed mode you are out of luck.

	Have fun...

	Jean