Problem with WPA-PSK and kernel 2.6.13-rc6 with ipw2200

François Valenduc fvalenduc
Wed Aug 17 08:53:09 PDT 2005

Hello everybody,

I wanted to take some advance and test the new 2.6.13 kernel (with RC6). I found in the mailing list archive that I had to patch the sources in order to compile the driver with software suspend. However, I don't manage to use WPA-PSK with my ipw2200 wifi card (which works fine with
2.6.12). You wil find in the attached file an extract of the logs generated by WPA supplicant. I use the packaged version of Debian Sid of wpa supplicant (0.4.2). It seems that the acces point is found but that association doesn't succeed. I had that I use TKIP as encryption method. I just wanted to know if this is a known bug of the driver or of wpasupplicant and we may hpe that it will be solved when the final release of the 2.6.13 will be released.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Fran?ois Valenduc