No connection using Radius+LDAP but without LDAP

Florian Prester Florian.Prester
Tue Aug 9 06:42:21 PDT 2005

Jouni Malinen wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 12:28:38PM +0200, Florian Prester wrote:
>

>>I have a freeradius for authentication and it works fine: authentication
>>completed, but then: Wireless event: cmd=0x8b15 len=20
>>
>>If I use the same user with a radius local-user everything works fine.
>>

>Does this authentication server with LDAP work with any wireless
>clients? Have you verified that the RADIUS server is sending keying
>material (MPPE send/recv key attributes) to the AP in both
>configurations?

Yes, it works fine if the user is taken from a local userbase instead of
an LDAP-query. That's why I intend I could be a timeout problem.

Dipl. Inf. Florian Prester
Network Administration
Regionales RechenZentrum Erlangen
Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg