Hostap and WDS

govind garumuga
Fri Apr 29 11:54:46 PDT 2005

Hi all,
We have two Soekris 4521 boards with each having different Senao card
(One card being Senao SL-2011CD and another one being Senao NL-2011CDPlus
Ext2 Mercury) both running hostap. If each of these boards are
accessed as AP's from laptop's, they work fine. But the moment, we
configure WDS on them to connect the AP's together, they dont seem to
like each other ;-)

We are using hostap version 0.3.7 and firmware version on both the
cards is 1.7.4. The Soekris boards run a customized version of Linux
2.4.29 kernel.

We have followed the configuration with bridging interface as given in
the hostap README file for WDS interface. In order to eliminate the
possibility of this problem happening because of the ethernet interface
being up, we had the AP's on a different network with no IP route to the
wired world! (Wired world was on 192.168.0.x network and wireless was on
192.168.2.x network) Still we were not able to successfully ping between
these two AP's as well as have the two clients of these AP's talk with
each other.

Are there known gotchas in having two Senao cards running hostap talk
with each other through WDS on Soekris boards?

Any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Raju

--
DISCLAIMER:
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is