wpa_supplicant receive "Wireless event: new AP: 00:00:00:00:00:00" event?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Apr 16 20:51:20 PDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 07:37:53PM +0800, Wesley wrote:

> I set up my enviroment with hostap devel branch (snapshot-20040405).
> After wpa_supplicant associate with hostapd and finish
> four-way-handshake, all the packet can be sent normally. then I run
> 'iwlist wlan0 scan' peridocally. Usually (after three or more scans)
> the wpa_supplicant disiplay "Wireless event: new AP:
> 00:00:00:00:00:00" message and do Disassociation and network blocked.
> Does somebody know what cause this "new AP event" occur?

Can you please send debug log from both hostapd and wpa_supplicant for
such a case? Whhich firmware version are you using? Can you reproduce
this easily with manually running 'iwlist wlan0 scan' three times?