Problems with hostap on Gentoo 2005.0 workstation using PCMCIA->PCI adapter

Brent Vukmer brent.vukmer
Tue Apr 12 08:01:02 PDT 2005

Thanks for the feedback Jouni.  I see the settings in the hostap_cs.conf file.

(FWIW, I was confused because Gentoo was not deploying the
hostap_cs.ko file or the hostap_cs.conf file ... turns out that I
needed to add "pcmcia" to the USE variable in /etc/make.conf)

I don't see the wlan0 device coming up when the system boots. Here's
the dmesg output related to hostap:

Linux Kernel Card Services
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_cs: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_pci: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_plx: 0.3.7 - 2005-02-12 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'WEP'
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'CCMP'
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'TKIP'

I see an /etc/modules.d/hostap_cs file.  Do I add an "alias wlan0
hostap_cs" line to that file?

Thanks for the help,
Brent