Problems with hostap on Gentoo 2005.0 workstation using PCMCIA->PCI adapter

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Apr 11 21:20:15 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 10:40:05PM +0200, Jakob Schiotz wrote:

> I am using the hostap_cs module with a cardbus card, it is seen as a PCI
> device by the kernel.

I find this somewhat unlikely: hostap_cs does not support cardbus cards
and I'm not aware of any cardbus cards using Prism2/2.5/3 MAC.. If it
really were a Cardbus card, it would indeed look more like a PCI device
and the driver to use would be hostap_pci, not hostap_cs.