WPA && bridge_packets dont work

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Sep 28 06:31:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:59:06AM +0200, Wilfried Klaebe wrote:
> Am Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 03:52:54PM +0200 schrieb Wilfried Klaebe:
> > I think I found it. The packets are dropped, because wlan0 is in state
> > BR_STATE_DISABLED. This is because netif_carrier_ok() returns false for
> > wlan0. This is because at HW initialisation netif_carrier_down() is
> > called (only occurrence in hostap_hw.c), and nowhere later
> > netif_carrier_up() is called. There are two occurrences in
> > hostap_info.c, but none of them showed up in my logs when I put some
> > printks beside them.

> Maybe I should add that the check for netif_carrier_ok() in the linux
> bridging code was added in 2.6.8-rc3 and so this problem won't show up
> in previous versions. I don't know if it has gone into 2.4.

Interesting.. I think I tested this with 2.6.8.1 which is newer than
2.6.8-rc3.. In addition, I remember verifying that the
netif_carrier_on() is being called; although this might have been only
for client modes. Then again, that LinkStatus even should be arriving
also in Master mode.

I will need to take a bit closer look at this.