how to turn off CSMA of wireless cards?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Sep 27 20:02:11 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 04:25:15PM -0500, Xinwen Fu wrote:

> 	Is there a way turn off CSMA of wireless cards? That is, I wish
> that a wireless card could send out packets at will. Just want to check
> how much the interference (destruction) will be in reality.

I haven't tested this myself, but some of the BBP configuration
registers may allow you to disable CCA. If you happen to have or can
find a data sheet for the BBP (e.g., HFA3861B or HFA3863), search for
CCA mode and go through the configuration registers. Another questions
is, whether the station firmware allows you to do this without restoring
the register back to its original value..