wired authentication (kernel module)

Arnaud Kleinveld kleinveld
Wed Sep 22 22:33:10 PDT 2004

I don't understand where you need to match output.

Now I understand that you also need to implement the counting part beside the
authentication. It is possible to count mac sources with iptables. You don't
need the ip address. Something like this works:
iptables -A APINET -m mac --mac-source aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff -j ACCEPT
There is only now difference between sent and reveived packets, if that's what
you meen with output.

Regards,
Arnaud