disassociate frames

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Sep 14 20:49:52 PDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 01:27:15PM -0500, Greg Hochstrasser wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to set hostap to ignore
> "disassociate frames" being generated by the WIDS to kick
> me off the network?

Are you using Host AP driver as the access point or as the client? In
case of Host AP as the AP, you will just need to modify handle_deauth()
and handle_disassoc() functions to ignore packets. In case of client
mode, you are likely out of luck with Prism2/2.5/3 cards and their
current firmware.. In other words, it is the firmware that takes care of
the client side operations (auth/assoc/deauth/disassoc). You could use
another card with these functions implemented in the driver, e.g.,
Atheros-based cards for this.

> Trying to learn how to overcome the WIDS and the frames it
> is generating to protect the trusted section of the WLAN.

That sounds like useless "protection" to me if WIDS is sending those
frames over air to client or AP.