WPA && bridge_packets dont work

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Sep 8 18:49:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:04:58PM +0200, Wilfried Klaebe wrote:

> I just tested with ieee8021x=0 and wpa=0 instead of ieee8021x=1 and wpa=2:
> Same thing. ARP requests incoming on wlan0, but not showing up on br0.
>
> I also tried it the other way round: If I try to ping the laptop on the
> WLAN, I can see the ARP requests going out on br0 and then eth0, but not
> wlan0.
>
> It seems not to be a problem of encryption, then, but somewhere else.

OK, that's good to know; limits the area quite a bit.

> wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:40:05:AF:4B:C9
>           inet6 addr: fe80::240:5ff:feaf:4bc9/64 Scope:Link

Any particular reason for configuring that IPv6 address on wlan0? I
don't know whether it can cause something like this, but you did not
have similar address on eth0 and one should not configure IP addresses
for the devices that are in a bridge..