WPA && bridge_packets dont work

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Sep 6 21:01:21 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 03:40:09PM +0200, Gunter Burchardt wrote:

> Client to client communication doesnt work with WPA.

It took some time for me to get a suitable test setup at home so that I
can try to reproduce this. Now that I have the test setup, I was
actually unable to reproduce this.. Broadcast packets and ping between
two associated STAs worked fine in my tests with WPA-PSK using TKIP.

> hostapd: 10.0.0.1/8
> sta1: 10.0.0.2/8
> sta2: 10.0.0.3/8
>
> sta1: ping 10.0.0.3 -> no answer !!!

Does sta1->hostapd ping work? What about hostapd->sta2?

> Arp is broadcast. Something is wrong with broadcast, bridge packets and
> wpa! Unicast works!

Please give more details of your test setup, including configuration
files and driver/firmware versions of each device.