Configuring PEAP w/ ndiswrapper

Donald Teed dteed
Fri Sep 3 03:06:07 PDT 2004

One difference is that Richard is using a different wireless
device - the broadcom based one.

Some Mac users on our campus found it was possible to get
wpa_supplicant working with TTLS rather than PEAP - and thus I discovered
we do not only work with PEAP.  I've tried TTLS as well,
with a certificate (PEAP doesn't require a certificate,
but TTLS does - as I've been told) and still the broadcom
will not work with a broadcasting SSID and ndiswrapper .10 .

Broadcom is said to work, but I've yet to hear of my
specific device (truemobile 1350) being reported a success
with wpa_supplicant.  Based on how we have seen a world
of difference in ndiswrapper stability between the
truemobile 1300 and 1350, I'm ready to assume that we can't
just say "broadcom works" because the same brand and series
chipset was a sucess for someone else.  I don't think
anyone has had a sucess in wpa_supplicant with any
broadcom mini-PCI component (please correct me if I'm wrong).

The way I obtained the CA Certificate is to visit the
web server on the AD server.  I think the default is
http://yourservername/certsrv
It allows you to download a number of certificate related files.

--Donald Teed