HostAP on linux 2.6

Rok Papez rok.papez
Mon Oct 11 22:23:49 PDT 2004

Hello!

Dne torek 12 oktober 2004 05:38 je Jouni Malinen napisal(a):

> However, moving to 2.6 kernel is not going to help much if you are
> trying to use dwl650+ with Host AP driver since D-Link DWL-650+ (that
> extra '+' in the end is the key) is not likely to be
> Prism2/2.5/3-based.. You should have better luck with another driver
> that actually supports said hardware (I would assume this would be
> acx100, but I do not have such card myself nor have I tested this other
> driver).

I've tested a DWL-650+ and it has an TI acx111 chipset based card. It
didn't work for me, I couldn't even connect to the open network :-/.
http://www.ivor.it/wireless/acx.html
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/

lspci -v reports:
03:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless Interface
        Subsystem: D-Link System Inc: Unknown device 3b05
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 11
        Memory at 20820000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled]
        Memory at 20800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=128K]

The actual chip used is ACX111 and open source drivers are in the early stages
of development. Texas Instruments isn't releasing spec files so situation is
somewhat grim. I suggest a better card with a chipset from a Linux-friendly
manufacturer.

--
best regards,
Rok Pape?.