Support for DLink DWL rev M, in hostAP?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Oct 3 20:06:04 PDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 02:03:36AM +0530, tanuja ingale wrote:

> I have a D-Link DWL 650 Rev.M1 which I am not able to get working with
> hostAP. Can anybody let me know if this version is supported by hostAP? And
> if not, then which is the latest version of Prism2 based Dlink card being
> supported by this driver?

D-Link Linux support page* seems to point to Realtek drivers for M1 so
that is not likely to work with Host AP drivers. D-Link DWL-650 rev P1
and D-Link DWL-520 rev E1 are Prism3-based. Just keep in mind that those
do not have primary firmware image in flash and require firmware
download on driver initialization.

*) http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=357
(which btw was the first link on Google search for d-link dwl 650 m1...)