Fragmentation.

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Oct 3 20:00:57 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 09:45:08PM +0900, Donghyuk Woo wrote:

> I'd like to let my HostAP machine be connected to the ethernet, thus all its
> associated nodes can enjoy the internet. And also, I'd like to use some
> specific packets whose length is bigger than 1500 bytes and which is used
> only in the WLAN BSS. Then what should I do? I guess bridging mode might not
> be the solution for this purpose.

That's a bit difficult configuration. Bridge is indeed likely to have
issues with bridging two interfaces with different MTUs (or at least the
packets to wired Ethernet would get dropped/truncated). Why would you
like to send longer packets in the wireless side? You would need to
describe your goals and system configuration with a bit more details to
make it possible for others to answer this question..