hostapd(cvs) & madwifi(cvs)

Steve st3v3
Thu Nov 25 10:07:57 PST 2004

Hi Gunther
Thanks for replying.
I do understand that for atheros based cards you need the madwifi
driver. I would like to use the 802.1x authenticator from hostapd on my
atheros card AND on the prism card with the hostap-driver. Two radios as
two APs.
Currently I have the prism card successfully working with hostapd and
802.1x. Im looking now to get the same functionality on the other radio
(i,e the atheros card with 5212 silicon).

I can confirm that the drive_madwifi.c does compile.
I have the ath_hal and ath_pci loaded.
I also have wlan and wlan_xauth loaded. I dont have wlan_crypt_tkip
loaded however I thought wlan_xauth from madwifi allowed the use of an
external authenticator. i.e hostapd??

I currently have the .config file in hostapd with
CONFIG_DRIVER_MADWIFI=y
and an additional include path for my kernel source.

I also have the hostapd.conf file for the madwifi.
802.1x EAP/TLS does work from the the prism card so other than
driver=madwifi.,bridge=br0 and the interface name (ath0) they are the
same.

Am I right in thinking that the combination of hostapd & madwifi with
802.1x EAP/TLS authentication does require WE18?

Regards
	Steve

--
Steve <st3v3 at btinternet.com>