madwifi(cvs), wpa_supp v0.2.5 and linksys router problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Nov 25 07:00:56 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:44:07PM -0800, Michael Reilly wrote:

> Considering that the same config but using a Cisco 1100 or 1200 Access
> Point exhibits the same behavior I would guess that there may be a generic
> timing or similar problem instead of something specific to the newer
> Broadcom wireless driver.

How much time it takes to get disconnected event after the group key
handshake was finished? Ideally, I would like to see wireless sniffer
trace showing whether the disconnection was caused by the AP sending
deauth or disassoc frame to the station. Other option would be that
madwifi driver decided for some reason (e.g., missed beacons) that the
AP was not there anymore. Adding/Enabling some debug code in madwifi
should show if this is the cause.