Wired

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS
Sun May 30 22:57:43 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am a newbie to the world of MAC security, and my interest is on
implementing authentication, key management and cryptography in a wired
802.3 Ethernet.
I have found that HostAP is the most popular implementation of the
Authenticator, but I have read that it is only for wireless (802.11)
networks. Is that true? Is there any plan to implement HostAP for wired
networks? Which are the points involved on such a implementations which
avoids using HostAP on 802.3? Does anyone know another open-source
Authenticator for wired LAN?

Thanks to all.

Alex