WPA PSK on a usb chipset

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun May 23 10:47:12 PDT 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 03:32:40PM +0300, Stavros Markou wrote:

> After the success I had with this supplicant using pcmcia, I am trying
> now to work with usb also.
> I get succes when I try to associate but it seems that the supplicant
> does not "sniff" the RX EAPOL packets like it does with my pcmcia
> device. Also I see that RX EAPOL dump instead of 888e format has 878e.
> Can you give me a hint ? EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPV2 worked perfectly on
> pcmcia!!!

If you mean "RX EAPOL - hexdump" from wpa_supplicant, it does not
include Ethernet header, so the ethertype (0x888e) is not included in
it..

I have never used Atmel driver (neither for pcmcia nor usb), so I do not
know for sure what could be happening here. By the way, is this driver
with WPA support and wpa_supplicant driver interface code available
somewhere?

Some comments about the USB log:

> l2_packet_receive - recv: Network is down

Did you set the wireless interface UP at some point? If not, this could
explain why EAPOL frames are not received..

> ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN]: Device or resource busy

For some reason, the driver does not seem to like many of the scan
requests. This may or may not generate some issues.. Anyway, at least it
looks like the card is able to associate with the AP.