STA not found?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun May 23 10:34:02 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 06:50:35PM +0200, Michael wrote:

> I have a WinXP Home laptop that has difficulties connecting to my WLAN at
> home, but only with WEP enabled and requiring shared authentication - open
> system authentication is fine.  Interestingly, several other computers with
> WinXP Pro (and tested with Knoppix 3.4) have no such difficulties.

Did you configure the WinXP Home laptop to use shared key
authentication?

> May 23 14:05:04 LinuxBox kernel: wlan0: 00:0a:0b:0c:0d:0e auth_cb - STA not
> found
> May 23 14:05:06 LinuxBox last message repeated 22 times

This message is printed out when authentication failed and a station
entry was not added. The most probable cause for this is that the client
tried to repeatedly use open system authentication. You can verify this
by uncommenting a debug entry in driver/modules/hostap_ap.c. In the end
of handle_authen() function, change "#if 0" to "#if 1" and the driver
will print out the reason for this authentication failure.