Received signal strength

Eduard Garcia eduardg
Fri May 14 02:59:50 PDT 2004

(please, I need help with this)

...so all power statistics returned by iwconfig/iwpriv or stored in
/proc/net/wlan0, etc. are in RSSI format which can be transformed to dBm
using dBmAdjust (multiplying?, dividing?...?). Am I wrong?

Now...how can I read the value of dBmAdjust and in general, any RID word?
More: the value of CommsQuality is referred to the quality of the signal
received with the AP I'm associated to?

And last: what do you suggest me to do to set the txpower? iwconfig ...
txpower...? iwpriv...writemif? With hostap 0.0.3 version and firmware 1.3.6
should I upgrade to
1.5.6 and install patch from http://www.jikos.cz/~jbohac/hostap/?

Please, I need a reference to RID words and mifs
(http://www.intersil.com/data/FN/FN4/FN4856/FN4856.pdf is broken)!! Or
somebody explain-me.

Sorry, but maybe this is a very-newbie question :((

Edu