802.1x with hostap

Marcos Schonfeld mschonfeld
Mon May 10 23:29:46 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rodney Thayer" <rodney at canola-jones.com>
To: <hostap at shmoo.com>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 7:40 PM
Subject: 802.1x with hostap

> (resend)
>
> Is there any information on running HOSTAP as an 802.1x authenticator
> with Open1x as the supplicant?  I want to construct an all-open source
> 802.1x demonstration, using Open1x, HostAP, and FreeRadius.
>
> Does anyone have sample configuration files they could share?

I'm working with hostap, freeradius and a trial supplicant for win98.
To run the HostAP Authenticator you have to edit the hostad.conf file from
the hostapd package and execute
 # hostapd hostapd.conf
Refer to the previous post from Alan Dawson
(http://auth.sown.org.uk/index.php?page=hostap)
For the freeradius, you have to enable the module eap to get the EAP
protocolo work. Then if you are using the ../etc/raddb/users file in a user
entry you have to put Auth-Type = eap to authenticate via eap that user.
For more info read the /doc/rlm_eap in the freeradius package.
I just run only the eap-md5. Soon I will run the eap-tls.
Good luck.