dwl-520 rev.E1 firmware problem

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 3 20:17:46 PDT 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:48:18PM -0300, mschonfeld at ubp.edu.ar wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to run hostap with the D-link dwl-520 revE1 PCI wireless NIC,
> but I have problems with the firmware I think.I followed the instructions in
> Andrew Barr's "Using the DWL-520 rev. E1 with HostAP" web page but when I
> download the firmware to the wireless NIC an error appears.
>
> # prism2_srec -r wlan0 /etc/firmware/pm010102.hex /etc/firmware/rf010800.hex

This is not correct for cards without primary firmware in flash and
indeed, I can't find this example from
http://home.columbus.rr.com/andrewbarr/dwl520e1.html..

Please re-read the page, especially the parts about hostap_fw_load. This
script (in utils tarball) includes the correct commands for loading the
firmware images for D-Link DWL-520 Rev E1.