pci-pcmcia bridge IRQ problem

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Mar 16 10:20:33 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Mustafa C. Kuscu wrote:

> Dear hostap community,

You problem has nothing to do with HostAP.  HostAP, like most other
drivers, needs and IRQ, and the PCMCIA subsystem fails to supply one for
your hardware.

Sorry for offtopic.  Please don't copy replies to hostap at shmoo.com

> I am running hostap 0.2.0 for experimentation purposes on a few RH Linux
> boxes. A couple of them need be PowerEdge servers with ServerWorks
> motherboard and controllers. My problem is that no IRQ is being assigned
> to a TI 1410 pcmcia bridge.

Support for TI bridges is actively discussed in the PCMCIA list (see
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-pcmcia)

The current patch (it works with TI1410) is here:
http://ritz.dnsalias.org/linux/pcmcia-ti-routing-8.patch

> Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
> PCI: Enabling device 00:07.0 (0000 -> 0002)
> PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:07.0.
> Yenta IRQ list 0000, PCI irq0

That may be a different problem.  I'll really appreciate if you join the
discussion in the PCMCIA mailing list and test that patch.  Please post
the output of "lspci -vvv -s" to the PCMCIA list (not to the hostap list!)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin