Problems asociating clients and handle_ap_item

Alberto Rodriguez Galdo tetoror
Fri Mar 12 00:13:03 PST 2004

At 20.37 11/3/04 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm not an expert on this, but since no one else has answered - yes,
>it could be a problem with that firmware version.  Jouni et al reported
>problems with packets getting dropped with firmware <= 1.3.6, I believe.
>My first use of hostAP was with cards with 1.3.4, and I observed this
>behavior, which was completely resolved by going to STA 1.4.2, if I
>recall right, and I've been using 1.7.something for months with no
>issues.

Thanks for the reply, i've alrady used firmwares 1.7.4, 1.7.6, 1.8.0  (in
RAM) and still have one client that is not able to reassociate after the
access point discards one packet from the interface with a wrong MAC...

I'm using the access points as bridges using the bridging in Linux kernel,
the client seems associated, the card seems so, but his MAC is not in the
bridging table....

I don't know where to look at...