Hostap AP to Hostap Managed 44:44:44:44:44:44

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Mar 10 01:43:16 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Kelly Hogan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This must be a simple issue, but I am running hostap 0.1.3 on two
> machines, one it AP mode, then one in Managed mode.  Using engenius
> 2511MP Plus cards in pci mode.
>
> The ap mode on the unit works well, but the client never seems to join
> the essid, just flipping channels like a hyperactive couch potato and
> staying at AP 44:44:44:44:44:44   Also noted that the bit rate goes to 2
> Mbps and that the interface is dropping packets.

44:44:44:44:44:44 means association failure.  Of course it's dropping
packets!

See kernel output (run "dmesg") for driver messages.  Try using another
client and another access point to see if both devices are working.  The
last resort is using ethereal on a third card to see if both sides are
behaving correctly.  The station should be sending probe requests.  The AP
should be sending beacons.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin