Ad-hoc and promiscuous mode

prystelka at interia.pl prystelka
Fri Jun 25 13:46:54 PDT 2004

Hello

I have a question concerned operation of prism cards using hostap drivers in ad-hoc mode.
Is it possible to receive by a driver all frames that WLAN card hears (like in promiscuous mode) but in ad-hoc mode (I need it to calculate the overall channel utilization in ad-hoc)?
Is it possible to switch the card to ad-hoc and promiscuous mode at the same time?
If not, is there any other way to measure how many % of time the channel is busy (any carrier sense trigger to the driver)?

Regards, Mark