FYI: Debian & DWL-650P

Aise Johan De Jong ajdejong
Thu Jun 24 12:52:13 PDT 2004

Hi,

You can get .deb packages for hostap-driver and hostap-utils from
http://sloth.voxel.net/~dilinger/ so that you can use kernel-package to
compile the driver. That and this mailing list helped me out getting my
DWL-650 RevP to work (mostly, see below). Thanks!

I'm using debian testing on a Toshiba Satellite 2505 CDS. Hints for other
Debian newbies: In addition to the above I installed the hostapd package
from Debian; also, don't forget to add the cardctl ident info on the card
to the file /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf.

The only minor problem I'm having is that the first time I try
prism2_srec -gs wlan0 pm0101020.hex
after I insert the card it usually doesn't succeed. However, after doing a
few random things, like "hostap_diag wlan0" (which gives an error at
this point), and/or "cardctl eject 0"+"modprobe hostap_cs"+"cardctl insert
0" and/or "/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart", it works.

Thanks again.