Help configuring DWL-520 Rev.B1

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jun 22 20:16:24 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 08:44:00AM -0200, Cesar Reyes Mardones wrote:

> I have the Rev.B1 card, but i said that someone (Marcos) has a problem with
> the E1 and I saw some things that may be useful to me (the load of a
> secondary firmware). Is that correct?? I have to load this firmwares in the
> REV. B1 (my card) to get the driver started?

No, this is specific to Rev E1. With most older Prism2/2.5/3 cards, the
card is supposed to include all needed firmware code in the flash and
you should not be required to load any firmware images to get the card
running.

Based on your kernel log entries, it looks like the driver was able to
initialize the card and read RIDs for both the NIC and PRI versions.
However, the card did not seem to have station firmware.

Do you have any idea whether that card has suffered from a failed
firmware upgrade? It would be possible to get to that state, e.g., by
upgrading the primary firmware without upgrading the secondary firmware.

If the card is otherwise fine, you should be able to load the secondary
firmware to RAM (or even flash, but I would start with RAM) using
prism2_srec. However, I would recommend using the latest driver version
(0.2.3) and a matching prism2_srec version for this.