Problem with D-Link 520 v.E1

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jun 22 19:13:05 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 10:27:06PM +0000, Bill Rivers wrote:

> I'm trying to get my D-Link card to work with Red Hat version 9. I followed
> the readme and the make and make install worked without any errors;
> however, when I ran the modprobe command I got the following result ... any
> suggestions?

Are you sure that the kernel configuration (.config) you had in the
kernel tree matches with the kenerl you are running? These unresolved
symbols could be caused by a mismatch in version symboling. You can
verify this, e.g., by running 'grep alloc_skb /proc/ksyms' and look
whether the symbol is following by a version symbol (8 hex characters).
The one compiled in hostap.o did not use versioning: