Help configuring DWL-520 Rev.B1

James B Hiller jhiller
Tue Jun 22 11:06:47 PDT 2004

Hi.

Not trying to be nasty; just wanted to make sure that your subject
line reference wasn't a typo, and that you indeed had a Rev B1 card,
since the two cards you referenced are fundamentally different; and
since I have Rev AX and BX cards, and not Rev E1, I couldn't be any
help if what you have is Rev E1.

Since the Rev BX and E1 are different, I doubt that the info you see
on the E1 will apply in your situation.

What I can tell you is that I'm using a Rev B1 card with PRI 1.1.1 and
STA 1.7.6, both which I had to flash to the card since it was using
much older versions (PRI 0.7.0 and STA 1.3.4, I think).  Even with the
original firmware, hostapd worked, but would stall over time due to a
known issue with STA < 1.3.6.  It works fine now.  I don't remember and
don't presently have access to the hostapd version I'm using, but
it's about a year old, so anything newer should work fine as well.

However, I am using a newer version of linux, 2.4.26, than you're using.
Also, you may be running into some kind of conflict if you're still
activating the linux-wlan-ng driver in some way.

Suggest you:

a.  Flash your card to PRI 1.1.1 and STA 1.7.6
b.  Get a newer linux version
c.  Try again
d.  If it doesn't work, post the relevant output from /var/log/messages.

jbh