[leaf-wisp] HermesAP

Jerry mrcool
Sat Jun 19 22:23:28 PDT 2004

I have found it to be more trouble than it is worth to make it work, needs
some strange, obscure(?) kernel feature    <its called devfs>  that is hard
to make work (at least for me).  and then i recently found this from the
hunz.org site:

>News:

>There will probably never be a HermesAP port for the 2.6 kernel tree, but I
ported the      >HermesAP monitoring mode.
>Grab it here: monitoring-2_6.diff.bz2 and apply it in the root dir of your
kernel tree with - >p1
>This small util: gild-0.1 enables 104bit WEP on silver (and maybe - not
tested - bronze >cards)
>It only changes 2 words in the RAM of the card and can be used while the
card is active.
>You have to set the WEPkeys again after running the tool.
>Please report bugs in the HermesAP Board

that was from the hunz.org page, so, I dont think hermesAP is worth
bothering with...

Good luck...

Jerryf