a lot of errors making hostap
Utin Mikhail A CONT NPRI
Tue Jun 15 14:14:28 PDT 2004
I am returning to compiling issue of hostap.
I installed FC2 kernel version 2.6.5-1.358 (not upgraded to anything to save some time).
Then I flowed recommendations from "Host AP drive installation notes...
1. created link /usr/src/linux to ./linux-2.6.5-1.358
2. removed "custom" from EXTRAVERSION=
3. make mrproper
4. copied config file from /boot to /usr/src/linux using recommended command
5. make oldconfig
6. make dep This generated a Warning (not sure exactly, but ...)
7. in my home dir I un-tared the driver file hostap-driver-0.2.2
8. make clean was OK
9. make generated A LOT of errors like:
error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type (A LOT)
error: syntax error before "u16"
error: storage size of ...isn't known (A LOT)
Finally, it reported Error 1 and Error 2 referencing hostap.o and the directory.
What could be wrong?
Mikhail A. Utin
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hostap