/proc/net/hostap/* updates

Joshua Robinson jpr
Mon Jun 7 08:57:20 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm using hostap driver version 0.1.3 with my netgear MA311 PCI card.
I'm connecting cards using ad-hoc mode, my kernel is 2.4.26.  When I
access stats in /proc/net/hostap/wlan0/stats I find that these numbers
don't update correctly.  For example, I'll check this file, run a large
file transfer, then check again and nothing will have changed.

am I correct in understanding that these stats should update after every
received packet?  and that I don't need to do anything but open the /proc
file to see the news stats?

If anyone can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong, I'd much
appreciate it.  thanks,

- Joshua