Wired

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS
Tue Jun 1 23:16:15 PDT 2004

Yes, the latter is, more or less, what we are thinking about. We have two
networks.
A first one, where the clients are. And a second one, where there are
several servers
and a proxy to the WAN. We have a gateway between the two networks, which
will
act as authenticator.
So, unauthenticated clients can't reach any server, and they can't use any
service.
It is not critical for us if two clients communicates themselves.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
Message: 2
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 08:24:05 -0400
From: Derek Schuff <schuffdl at ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: Wired
To: hostap at shmoo.com

Even if the open1x authenticator worked, it may not be very useful anyway.
For
wired 802.1X setups, the authenticator is generally implemented at the
switch, where you obviously can't just load your own software. I suppose it
might be possible to have a host acting as a bridge between 2 networks and
try having the authenticator there, (so unauthenticated clients could reach
each other but not the rest of the network) but what kind of setup did you
have in mind?