hostapd 0.2.4 question

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Thu Jul 29 21:31:06 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 07:14:59PM -0700, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:

> 	I've got a WinXP workstation that has no problem associating
> while I just have wlan0 up; however when the bridge is up and hostapd is
> running then it has trouble associating, and when it can associate it
> has problems getting an IP from the DHCP through the bridge. I'm really
> hoping to be able to get this bridged but if I can't do that then I
> guess I'll have to setup the wireless as a separate network subnet but I
> was hoping to avoid that.
>
> 	Is there any known issue with hostapd and using a bridge? If so
> is there a workaround for it?

I don't remember hearing about this kind of issues and such a
configuration has certainly worked in my tests. I do not have any clear
ideas on what could be causing such a change. Do you see anything odd in
hostapd debug log (add -ddd to command line) or 'dmesg' output? It could
also be useful to use a wireless sniffer to verify what happens to
packets when comparing the case of wlan0 in a bridge to the case of no
bridge device.