Help in installing HOSTAP driver

navaneeth navaneeth
Thu Jul 29 20:33:57 PDT 2004

Hi Brian, Utin,

        I finally got a prism card Zyxell g-100.

Here is the cardctl ident info.

product info :  "Intersil",  "ISL3890",  "-", "-"
manfid:  0x000b,  0x3890
function:  254  ((null))

I still find that wlan0 interface is not showing up iwconfig.

what else should I do. In which directory should I put the wireless
firmware.

One more problem is I tried to add this in the /etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf

Then I tried to do
service pcmcia stop
service pcmcia start

I got a syntax error.

in that line I added. How to add this info in hostap_cs.conf ??

I added as follows

card  "Intersil",  "ISL3890",  "-", "-"
manfid:  0x000b,  0x3890
bind "hostap_cs"