AW: hostAP with embedded Prism2 card

Karl Rothenhofer Karl.Rothenhoefer
Mon Jul 26 12:02:43 PDT 2004

I had the same issue recently, and after failing I did some theoretical
investigations using a couple of sources. Result: hostap doesn't work for
Prism2 over USB, and to my knowledge there is no intent to make it ever
work.

So if you are just interested in a Linux driver for mode managed or ad-hoc,
use prism2_usb, a driver, that may be embedded in your Linux distribution.

If you are interested in making an Accesspoint with that wlan-interface,
then things ar not completely impossible but seem to be such difficult to
me, that I did not try.

Regards
Karl