Busy bit cleared, 5v override not working

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jul 25 13:10:24 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 06:12:26PM +0200, Starkeeper wrote:

> > Have you tried hardcoding a working CIS image through cardmgr
> > configuration (i.e., override the empty CIS by using a local file)?
>
> This is a good idea, have you any experiences with that?

Yes.

> > Compaq WL110 is not even a Prism2/2.5/3 card..
>
> The Card is a Orinoco Product. It identifies itself as a: Intersil PRISM2
> 11Mbps Wireless Adapter

Compaq WL110 is indeed Orinoco card. I don't know how you get that
identtification from it, though. Anyway, don't expect prism2_srec and
Host AP driver to work correctly with that card.

> I am very confused about what chip is on that card, is there a safe method
> to find this out? Normally it uses the orinoco_cs module.

How safe a method do you want? If you really want to know and don't
trust on it not being Prism2/2.5/3, just open up the card and find the
largest chip.. It has ISL* or HFA* text on it if it is Prism2.. ;-)