Busy bit cleared, 5v override not working

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jul 25 08:04:52 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 09:30:42AM +0200, Starkeeper wrote:

> The Card has no CIS on it, so that linux don't know wich module needs to be
> loaded.

Have you tried hardcoding a working CIS image through cardmgr
configuration (i.e., override the empty CIS by using a local file)?

> I think to fix this problem I need to flash a initial Firmware. This
> firmware is only flashable in genesis mode. prism_srec utility needs a
> .hex-file to flash where can I get this? Or how to dump this file from a
> working Wlan-Card?

You may not need to to this, but if you do, I don't think current
prism2_srec version is going to be enough. Initial firmware is RAM only
code and you cannot dump it from the card. You would need to get correct
firmware image as SREC (.hex) file and then download it in Genesis mode.
This is the part (loading initial f/w) that does not work in
prism2_srec without some changes.

> > > HP-WL150 (Compaq WL110). And Is here anybody who has experience with the
> > > HFA3842-Chip?

Compaq WL110 is not even a Prism2/2.5/3 card..