VCC_mismatch: VCC_ignore NOT working!!Help

gaurav dawra openapproject
Sun Jul 25 00:58:58 PDT 2004

Hey Thanx for the reply, I appreciate it. Well first of all i am sorry if i
gave this impression that i am trying to load hostap on laptop, actually it
is running on laptop and working great for me. What i am trying to do is to
load it on a *PC104* module with PCMIA adpater on it.  Well bridge from
ISA/PCMCIA has been detected and that adapter working fine with orinoco
drivers but has some issues with hostap_cs driver. well i understand a bit
more about hostap but still cud not able to solve this issue. I will
appreciate if you , pavel or any other can able to help with this problem.

Neways here is the problem:
I am trying to load Senao NL2511 CD card which is a prism 2 based card.
When i start "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start"  it comes with High beep and low
beep meaning card is not detected:(
[root at localhost hostap-driver-0.2.1]# /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart
Shutting down PCMCIA services: done.
Starting PCMCIA services: cardmgr[2606]: watching 2 sockets
done.

cardctl info:
[root at localhost hostap-driver-0.2.1]# cardctl info
PRODID_1="INTERSIL"
PRODID_2="HFA384x/IEEE"
PRODID_3="Version 01.02"
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0156,0002
FUNCID=6
PRODID_1=""
PRODID_2=""
PRODID_3=""
PRODID_4=""
MANFID=0000,0000
FUNCID=255

cardctl ident:
[root at localhost hostap-driver-0.2.1]# cardctl ident
Socket 0:
  product info: "INTERSIL", "HFA384x/IEEE", "Version 01.02", ""
  manfid: 0x0156, 0x0002
  function: 6 (network)
Socket 1:
  no product info available

[root at localhost hostap-driver-0.2.1]# dump_cis
Socket 0:
  dev_info
    NULL 0ns, 512b
  attr_dev_info
    SRAM 500ns, 1kb
  vers_1 5.0, "INTERSIL", "HFA384x/IEEE", "Version 01.02", ""
  manfid 0x0156, 0x0002
  funcid network_adapter
  lan_technology wireless
  lan_speed 1 mb/sec
  lan_speed 2 mb/sec
  lan_speed 5 mb/sec
  lan_speed 11 mb/sec
  lan_media 2.4_GHz
  lan_node_id 00 02 6f 00 00 01
  lan_connector Closed connector standard
  config base 0x03e0 mask 0x0001 last_index 0x01
  cftable_entry 0x01 [default]
    Vcc Vnom 3300mV Vmin 3V Vmax 3600mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA
    io 0x0000-0x003f [lines=6] [16bit]
    irq mask 0xffff [level] [pulse]

Socket 1:
  no CIS present

dmesg:
Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.2.7
  kernel build: 2.4.20 #2 Tue Jun 21 06:36:59 MDT 2005
Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:
  Cirrus PD672x rev 00 ISA-to-PCMCIA at port 0x3e0 ofs 0x00
    host opts [0]: [ring] [65/6/3] [1/15/3]
    host opts [1]: [ring] [65/6/3] [1/15/3]
    ISA irqs (default) = 3,4,5,7,11 polling interval = 1000 ms
==>bridge is detected.
cs: memory probe 0x0d0000-0x0dffff: clean.
hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_cs: 0.2.1 - 2004-05-06 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
hostap_cs: setting Vcc=33 (constant)
hostap_cs: CS_EVENT_CARD_INSERTION
hostap_cs: setting Vcc=50 (from config)
Checking CFTABLE_ENTRY 0x01 (default 0x01)
  Vcc mismatch - skipping this entry
hostap_cs: GetNextTuple: No more items
prism2_config() failed

lsmod:
[root at localhost hostap-driver-0.2.1]# lsmod
hostap_cs              47668   0  (unused)
hostap                100840   0  [hostap_cs]
ds                      8104   2  [hostap_cs]
i82365                 38016   2
pcmcia_core            44736   0  [hostap_cs ds i82365]
8139too                17064   1
mii                     3444   0  [8139too]
mousedev                5208   0  (unused)
keybdev                 2688   0  (unused)

I am using i82365 and ds module. I also tried to load the card with this
"ignore_cis_vcc=1"
# Optional configuration parameters for hostap_cs.o
# module "hostap_cs" opts "channel=3 iw_mode=3 essid=test ignore_cis_vcc=1"

But it is still not working, well looking at 'dmesg' suggest that there is a
clear VCC mismatch but why the vcc_ignore not working. I believe hostap_cs
should ignore the vcc and load the services. The socket does support,
"compaq WL110" based on hermes chipset and work with 'orinoco_cs.o '  which
is a 5.0 V card. But it does not work with hostap_cs with Senao Card. Why is
VCC ignore not working?

ANOTHER ISSUE WHICH  I NOTICED: THIS IS I BELIEVE AN IRQ PROBLEM:
Also i tried to load hostap_cs with Netgear PCMCIA card MA401 which is a
VCC=5.0 card and it  does not work either. As when i plugin this card , the
keyboard stops responding and i guess even IDE. So when i exclude all irq's
in 'more /proc/interrupts'  by 'excluding them in 'config.opts'' still it
hangs and does not work? Yeah !! it only 'beeps once(HIGH)' when i plugin
VCC=5.0 V card but keyboard hangs.
Does not mean that hostap_cs is loaded but there is an IRQ issue?

Well i even looked into "hostap_cs.c" to get the idea of what is going on.
But i am not really into hardware:(. Please suggest what is going on with
it. If this is an IRQ problem. Then i believe there may be some solution to
it. I will be thankful for some hints.

Looking forward to quick response.

--Gaurav