AW: Busy bit cleared, 5v override not working

Denis Vlasenko vda
Sun Jul 25 00:34:03 PDT 2004

> > I never used Genesis mode, but AFAIK you can save your card
> > using latest hoastap driver and its prism_srec utility.
> > I don't remember posts about success with Genesis mode
> > with DOS programs.
> >
> > Search the archives.
>
> The Card has no CIS on it, so that linux don't know wich module needs to be
> loaded. I think to fix this problem I need to flash a initial Firmware.
> This firmware is only flashable in genesis mode. prism_srec utility needs a
> .hex-file to flash where can I get this? Or how to dump this file from a
> working Wlan-Card?

As I said, I never used genesis mode personally. Sorry.
However:

# ./prism2_srec
Firmware image downloader for Host AP driver
  (for Intersil Prism2/2.5/3 cards)
Copyright (c) 2002-2004, Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>

Usage:
  prism2_srec [-vvrgfdpisD] [-P <PDA file>] [-O <PDA binary>] <interface> \
              <srec file name> [srec file name]
  -v   verbose (add another for more verbosity
  -r   download SREC file into RAM (volatile)
  -g   download SREC file into RAM (volatile in Genesis mode)
  -f   download SREC file into flash (non-volatile)
  -d   dump SREC image into prism2_srec.dump
  -p   persistent mode for volatile download
  -i   ignore incompatible interfaces errors
       Warning! This can result in failed upgrade!
  -s   Skip PDA reading and use defaults from the firmware image
  -D   Dump PDA in text format (this can be used without srec file)
  -P <PDA file>   Override card PDA (with a PDA file in text format)
       Warning! This can result in failed upgrade!
  -O <PDA binary>   Override procfs path for binary PDA
       Warning! This can result in failed upgrade!

Looks like there is *some* genesis mode support.
Did you try it?
--
vda